Apparel manufacturers are using a wide range of creative and ingenious decorative techniques to add value to their fabrics and knitted garments today. The development of these new decorative techniques has been facilitated partly by recent innovations in garment technology. As a result, the range of economical design options for designers and manufacturers has been widened. These innovations have centred on machinery for direct to garment digital printing, embroidery, conventional sewing, embellishment attachment, heat transfer and laser decoration. Additionally, interesting advancements in electronic textiles have taken garment decoration beyond the field of aesthetics by enhancing the functionality of garments for their wearers. This report discusses recent
developments in technologies for knitted garments and textiles…
Sintelli’s Circular Knitting Machines
S intelli has been manufactured extensive types of circular knitting machines since 1997, including Single Jersey, Fleece, Terry, Double Jersey (Interlock & Rib), computerized jacquard, strippers, mini jacquard, etc. From Fabric Producer to Knitting Machine Manufacturer & Factory, Sintelli’s manufacturing solutions are built on 40+ years of textile industry experience and 20 years of innovation circular knitting machinery development and production, something not all others can claim. Average machine production has increased from 150 sets in 1998, to 1500 sets in 2015.
Open Width Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine
The cloth-cutting machine is equipped with a roller speed adjustment device that Top class fabric quality without any center crease over the entire fabric
• Top class fabric quality without any center crease over the entire fabric surface
• Less cutting waste when further processing the fabric
• Combines the characteristics of single jersey machines and crease-free for cloth
• Make full use of fabric – reduce cost and increase profits
Single Jersey Circular Knitting Machine
Designed with the central adjustment system to adjust Most Popular model. It can knit various kinds of single jersey fabric. Easy to inter-change with replacing few parts? fabrics in different levels of density easily and conveniently, normally equipped with different gauges of cylinders which is easy to alter and can meet the varying requirements in the knitting market.
Most Popular model. It can knit various kinds of single jersey fabric. Easy to inter-change with replacing few parts. Application Area: Vest, T- shirt, Polo shirts, functional sportswear and underwear or seamless clothes (small size).
Rib Circular Knitting Machine
Widely used in high-volume production of soft and comfortable underwear fabric
• Most Popular model, capable of knitting various kinds of double jersey fabric
• Each model can be fitted with an optional Lycra feeder
• Interchangeable design to interlock knitting machine
• Application Area: Leisurewear
• Applicable Yarn Materials: cotton, synthetic fiber, silk, artificial wool, meshor elastic cloth.
Double Jersey/Interlock Circular Knitting Machine
Main components are designed by CAD system and machined by CNC to improve equipment precision. Using automatic oil lubricator to lubricate the cylinder and the needles respectively, which keep needles from easily damaging.
• Most Popular model, capable of knitting various kinds of double jersey fabric
• Stable performance
• Interchangeable. Easily converted to rib knitting machine
• Application Area: sportswear, underwear, leisurewear
High Speed Reactive Digital Printing Machine introduced by Jaysynth
Jaysynth, established in 1971, has a 50 years long and innovative history in the world of textile colors. Jaysynth and its sister concern Jay Instrument and System Pvt. Ltd. is well recognized for their Digital Textile Printing Solutions & catering their digital inks & industrial printers under the brand name of Digitex and Digichrome respectively since last 20 years.
Digitex – Digital textile reactive, pigment, disperse and sublimation inks, available in low, medium and high viscosities for all types of printheads. They are strong & brilliant, suitable for high speed printing. The inks are designed to have an excellent overall fastness. Digitex inks are certified as free of heavy metal formaldehyde & alkyl phenol ethoxylate making them non hazardous, non toxic and eco-friendly. They are certified by OEKO -TEX ® Eco Passport.
Digichrome – Digital textile industrial printers are available in 1.8 & 3.2 meter printing width of 16 and 32 nos. of industrial printheads for fashion, home textile & flooring. Digichrome has a series of industrial sublimation printers. Recently, the “Sharpest & Deepest” High Speed Reactive Digital Printing was introduced with the DCR Series of Ricoh Gen6 Printers of 16 & 32 nos. of printheads with Digitex high density inks. The final results of clarity of prints and vibrancy of colors are meeting the long awaited expectation of customers.
Jaysynth has developed affordable Digital Pigment Printing that is inherently more environmentally friendly than other available traditional & digital printing methods, with zero waste water & low carbon footprint. Unlike other inks for textile printing, water based pigment inks have fewer limitations on the fabric. The inks can print cotton, polyester, silk & polyblends.
The overall solution delivers soft hand feel, vibrant & striking sharp printing with good wet, dry & light fastness. Presently, Pigment Printing Solution is introduced with DCS Series of printers in 1.8 & 3.2 meter for fashion, home textile & flooring (rugs), yielding longer printhead life with reduced maintenance cost. The new digitex pigment inks are available in 8 colors cyan, magenta, yellow, black, orange, red, violet and green.
Direct to garment and Oval printer with digital colour by CNTOP
HanGlory Group, established in 2010, is an industry leading manufacturer of intelligent printing equipment. With a top-level R&D team focusing on the digital inkjet printing technology, HanGlory Group has owned independent intellectual property rights in digital printing software and hardware processing and data transmission. HanGlory Group has seven subsidiaries, covering industrial digital printing applications such as advertising, home decoration, garments, textiles, packaging, books, labels, circuit boards, 3C electronics, inks and etc.
CNTOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of HanGlory Group. It is a leading manufacturer of automatic oval printing and digital printing equipment in China. Its products, Oval, Hybrid and DTG printer, dedicated to industrial production from small to mass. But CNTOP is more than just an equipment manufacturer, from which customers are provided with a complete set of solutions including screen printing and digital printing equipment, inks, software, consumables and after sales service. And with its advanced technology and high-quality products, CNTOP has found its way to stand out in the market.
RIVAL – Direct to Garment Digital Printer
• Digital printing, offers solutions for customized garment
• Max. Resolution up to 600 x 1200 dpi
• One-button color management, can process white & color at the same time
• One-stop pressing unit, connects printing steps seamlessly
• Double-plate continuous production, greatly improves print productivity
• Better eco-friendly application, little environmental pollution
• Applicable to offices & small workshops
HYBRID – Automatic Oval printer with Digital Colour
• Pioneer in digital + oval printing mode, expert in digital printing solutions
• High-resolution Ricoh printheads, data-variable grey-scale printing, resolution up to 600 x 1200 dpi
• Industry-leading printing software and ink control system, achieves refined inkjet printing
• Creates new printing workflow, single pallet under base, digital direct printing colors, no plate-making process
• Self-develops digital unit and oval unit, full integration provides ultra-smooth user experience
• Cooperates with M&R ® , introduces CIMS¹ and advanced assembly management
• Intelligent operation management and automatic printhead maintenance, achieves unattended printing with lower cost
Automatic Screen Printing Machine by Bharath Fushing
B harath Fushing was established in the year 2005 in Coimbatore for the manufacture of textile printing machinery, accessories and related equipment. We have been consistently meeting our customers’ expectation and even exceeding it. We are today an internationally competitive textile printing and accessory machinery manufacturer with a global footprint. Bharath Fushing is more than just a top-class manufacturer of printing and related machines – we build lasting relationship with our customers and provide training at every stage. We like to see our customers succeed and scale new heights.
Automatic Flat Bed Screen Printing Machine (Multi Purpose)
Servo Screen Printing Machine
• Servo Operated Model • Adjustable Screen Frame Holder
• Variable Printing Stroke Length • Multi-Stroke Selection
• Digital Stroke Programme System • Parallel Screen Frame Movement
• Fine Adjustment system
• Air Operated Model • Adjustable Screen Frame Holder
• Variable Printing Stroke Length • Single & Double Stroke Stroke Selection
• Digital Stroke Programme System • Parallel Screen Frame Movement
• Fine Adjustment system
Circular Knitting Machines by VILIKE
Q uanzhou Vilike Machinery Industry & Trade Co., Ltd was established in 2013. It is a machinery manufacturing enterprises which is professional in design, development productions and sales about circle knitting machine. The company has a professional team, which has more than 10 years experience on manufacture of circular knitting machine. The factory has CNC lathes, CNC mill center, CNC grinding machine etc. Under the guide of professional team of design and production, the annual output is 1000-1500 machines. We have more than 100 kinds of design for circle knitting machine with intellectual property rights. We insist on using manufacture industry standard of Germany and Japan to standardize our quality control.
Open Width Machine/ Single Jersey Machine/ Rib Machine/ 3 Thread Fleece Machine
All machines have the following features and benefits:
• Franke German Wire Bearing: Lightweight construction, smaller mounting space. Temperature Insensibility, interior
elasticity to compensate the vehicle torsions
• German Aircraft High Quality 7075-T6 Cam: High resistance to Corrosion, It’s Light Weight and Strong, Good Heat Absorber
• Sweden Cams: Sweden Cams with Superior Quality and Long Life.
• German Aircraft Aluminiun Alloy: It’s Light Weight and Strong – Good Heat Absorber, High resistance to Corrosion
• Ceramic Feeder: Excellent Appearance and Long Life
• Flat Sinker Cam System: Aluminum Seat, Easy Clean Fluffs of the Yarn, Good Heat Dissipation
• Central Stitch Adjustment (S/J): Easy to Adjust Yarn Tenstion
• Alloy Steel Cylinder: Good Heat Absorber – It’s Light Weight and Strong High resistance to Corrosion
• CE Certificate from Europe: Assured Quality for All Electrical Kits
Cheran Machines launches automatic printing machine
Cheran Machines India Pvt. Ltd., an ISO 9001 Certified company, pioneers in manufacturing garment/ textile printing machines. Located in the heart of Coimbatore, India. Cheran stands for strong commitment to quality with user- friendly features and superior performance. With upholding the legacy for more than 30 years, all our efforts are directed towards doing it right the first time & every time.
Cheran has been aided by a robust and technically-trained service team with the latest technology telecommunication, fulfilling the promise to provide unwavering support to the dealer network before, during and after-sales. A dedicated research and development team with dynamic engineers is devoted to identifying, designing and developing products according to the customer needs in the competitive sector.
With a well-knit, synergic team, Cheran’s actively working towards increasing its client base in knitting Industry. As a brand recognized for innovation, Cheran has not only marked its existence in India but has a profound customer base in countries like Bangladesh, Egypt, Madagascar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Jordan, Qatar, Haiti, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and the Gulf region. The company has recently launched Made in India Automatic Printing Machine called Rainbow Rover, which will be a replacement to all the imported machines ensuring high quality at reasonable
According to Mohan Kumar, MD, Cheran Machines India Pvt. Ltd.“This is made in India with all major components from welknown european brands. We’ve developed an IOT technology to get online production data from wherever you’re in the world. The machine has two inbuilt cameras and you can get all the production data online. We offer a lot of benefit to our customers like price advantage and quality is as good as European. Talking about the cost, it’s 35% less than imported machines. We can deliver much faster than Chinese or European manufacturers with lesser cost with immediate services since we’re based in India and having national service/dealer network.
• Machine indexing direction forward and reverse
• Designed using higher grade materials
• Developed by a strong engineer team
• Machine coatings are highly durable for every environmental condition
• Integrated PLC programming (Latest technology used)
• Machine speed increase higher production
• Registration accuracy yielding higher quality output
• Laser marks to ensure continuous placement of the cloth at correct positions
• Micro adjusting knobs to make the screen-setting process easier and faster
• Pneumatic clamping system used to hold the screen in accurate position
• Tool-free manual knobs for angle adjustment of squeegees, stroke length and scrubber interchange
• AC frequency drive with sensors to control Squeegee movement
• Print heads with high-lift position for quick and easy screen cleaning process
• Independent control panels in each head for easy operation
• Safety bars and emergency lamps to ensure high safety
• Light-weighted Aluminum honeycomb palette for easy handling
• Easily accessible clamping system for interchanging the palette
• 10 inch high resolution touch screen for easy readability
• Wi-Fi facility to monitor the production, data accessible anywhere through the mobile application
• Digital pressure meter to maintain the overall pneumatic pressure in static condition
• Flash curer and individual heads are operatable through the touch panel
Epta Inks strides towards Environmental sustainability
T he ‘World’ today looks into two aspects for their well being, products bringing in the combination of fascination along with good health. So, the room for both allurement and global sustainability go hand in hand. Governments are responding to the people’s requirements by setting up stringent rules and regulations that adopt hazard free eco- friendly practices. Most importantly we need to note the hazards that chemical based inks could cause. These would emit harmful volatile organic compounds that in turn lead to the depletion of ozone layer. Although the inks today have eliminated much of the heavy metals present in them, still the traces of the metals can be poisonous and cause damage to the skin, eyes and respiratory system. Thus, we are in keen need to probe into the necessity in avoiding degradation to the environment.
Present day studies show that, the total greenhouse gas emissions from textile production currently stands at 1.2 bn tonnes annually and this is more than those of all international flights and maritime shipping combined, says the journal Nature Climate Change. Not only does carbon emission affect
the climate change and cause global warming but also the dyeing and printing industries have significant effects on the plants life. EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) is supporting Climate Action Plan and addressing climate change through standards that reduce carbon pollution and support a strong economy.
As we examine the current unprecedented situation happening across the globe, we have learnt about how hard its been to combat with this disastrous pandemic (COVID-19) being unprepared. It is certain that the emission of harmful chemical substances can cause even adverse damage to the environment in the years ahead. Thus, we universally have a great responsibility to take necessary actions in protecting our planet. It becomes vital that we accelerate our efforts to safeguard ourselves from any other upcoming devastating events. The key role now lies in maintaining environmental sustainability in order to prevent the depletion of natural resources which otherwise would deprive the future generations off their necessities. According to the recent information, few of the renowned fashion brands are already coming up with their new techniques in their attempt to totally bring the net carbon emissions to zero in the coming years.
Our parent company Epta Nova, Italy has been striving hard for years and finally has emerged as the first and foremost brand in bringing up this major change in conserving renewable resources through its textile screen printing inks. Epta Inks is proud to launch MNK BIO INKS for the Textile screen printing Industry. The inks are made of bio-based Carbon, which means that the raw materials used are maximum sourced from plants or animal by-products. The inks are basically a mixture of more natural substances and minimal fossil sources.
MNK BIO series further raises the bar of sustainability. It is completely focused on minimizing the exploitation of the renewable resources of the planet. The development of the new series took place only at full technical maturity of the new generation of biopolymers, that after years of study led to the definition of polyurethanes with high renewable content that, at the same time, guarantee the same performances of fossil-derived material. The packaging of the inks containers are also made out of 100% recycled plastic which again contributes to sustainability.
We Epta India Pvt Ltd are a subsidiary of Epta Nova, Italy. Our future perspective would be targeting more on the industrial inks and bio inks. Epta India has been supplying water based, plastisol, silicon, solvent based & other screen printing inks and its auxillaries for the textile industry for more than 2 decades throughout India as well as exporting to the other countries. The branch has been manufacturing water-based inks for textile applications. It’s high time that we make conscious steps towards a more Greener Planet for future generations. As a team we join hands in embracing our competence in
providing a secure environment.
Danitech’s machines for dyeing yarn
Danitech Engineering and Solutions is an Italian textile machinery producer specializing in fabrics, yarns dyeing, and continuous washing machines. Our aim is to offer technologically advanced products to the textile markets that guarantee high versatility, ease of use, and low environmental impact in terms of water and energy consumption for the processes and a reduction in discharges. We started our activities in 2015 and, in a very short time; we were able to install more than 1200 machines of different types around the world. Today we have production units in Italy and in China and with 12 Services points distributed on all continents.
DANIEVO was born as an evolution of DANIFLOW, in which, thanks to the addition and implementation of some technical and technological solutions, the already excellent performance obtained by the previous version has been improved, always guaranteeing excellent dyeing results with a greater reduction in consumption and process times. DANIEVO is developed and manufactured by Danitech and maintains the characteristics of versatility and
operational simplicity, increasing the technological content that minimizes manual interventions by operators.
It is available in different load capacities with channels of 200 Kg, 250 Kg, 300 Kg and 400 Kg and in versions for knitted, flat woven, terry cloth and upholstery fabrics.
• SEE-DO SYSTEM: New integrated colour detection system NEW-IWS, PH and salt concentration
• MFT – Multi Functional Tank and Product Drum: The DANIEVO machine, in standard configuration, has a product drum and a Multi Functional Tank. Both can be used for product introduction or bath recirculation with the machine, the MFT can also be used for wash and dye bath preparation or as a buffer during IWS wash functions.
The STUART machines are vertical sampling machines, and the containing basket is divided by a perforated surface and the fabric passes from one side to the other and vice versa thanks to the alternating movement of the reel. Thanks to the shape, they guarantee the maintenance of the liquor ratio with the variation of the charge (liquor ratio 1 to 4 with minimum – maximum capacity).
STUART ensures a perfect reproducibility of the dyeing result between sampling and production, in fact, “right first time” results are equal to 98% of the new recipes tested have been achieved. From the production point of view, STUART machines are extremely versatile due to the wide range of articles that can be processed without problems.
OPTIWASH is a machine for the continuous rope washing of printed and dyed fabrics born from the optimization of the washing systems developed on rope dyeing machines by Danitech. OPTIWASH allows obtaining unequalled results compared to traditional washing machines, thanks to the module concept.
Each module consists of two tanks that work in counter current with double pump and equipped with 16 nozzles that ensure a constant washing actionat varying conditions of level and temperature. The results obtained with this innovative form of washing allow a reduction in energy consumption of 25-
40% compared to conventional washing machines on the market today. OPTIWASH is supplied in versions with 7 or 10 modules.